#Praydirt Members Cotton Growing Challenge!
In your Q2 Wine Club, we have shared with you a variety of Cotton called "Upland Cotton Seed"
Cotton Planting Instructions For Your Garden:
- Start with freshly cultivated soil.
- Cotton should be planted in direct sunlight. Sow seeds approximately 1.5 to 2 inches deep and 3 to 6 inches apart.
- Cover with soil, space your rows of seeds 30 to 40 inches apart.
- Keep the soil moist, but not excessively wet for the remainder of the growing season.
- Maintain your garden bed of cotton by lightly hoeing the soil just below the surface to aerate the soil and remove weeds.
- Cotton will be hand harvested when the bolls open up and expose the fluffy cotton.
- Use to decorate in your home and share pictures of how your cotton crop is doing.
💡Fun Fact about Upland Cotton: It is a shorter-medium staple fiber and has many uses, but our favorite. It is the type used to make denim jeans!