Braised Beef Short Ribs
- 4lbs beef short ribs
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Ground Cinnamon
- 3-4 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 cup Garlic cloves
- 1 Large Yellow onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1qt Beef Stock
- Farmhouse Vineyards Cultivated Wine
1. Preheat oven to 300. Remove silver skin from the back of the ribs. Generously season with kosher salt and black pepper. Sprinkle a thin layer of cinnamon all over, then dust with nutmeg.
2. Heat an oven-proof pot on the stove, then add a thin layer of oil. Meat should sizzle
when added to hot oil. Sear ribs on every side. Add garlic, peeled and quartered onion, rosemary sprigs, and bay leaves.
3. Add red wine halfway up the sides of the ribs in the pan and beef stock to the top. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cover tightly with foil and place in oven until ribs are tender, about 4-6hrs.
4. Remove ribs and keep them covered. Strain juices into a sauce pot and reduce by ½. Add 3 tbsp butter.
5. Serve ribs and sauce over your favorite mashed potatoes or with the Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese. Enjoy with Farmhouse Vineyards Cultivated wine!