Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 1 Whole Butternut Squash
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsps Butter
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 2 tbsps Garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups Shell Pasta
- 2 1/2 cups H2O
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp each ground mustard, nutmeg, white pepper, cayenne
- 3 cups Sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups Gruyère
- 1 cup Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cut squash in half and drizzle with olive oil. Roast squash cut side down until soft, 20-30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Add butter, rosemary, and garlic. Allow butter to brown, then add the pasta, water, and 1.5 cups heavy cream. Salt to taste.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer until pasta is cooked Al dente, about 8 minutes.
4. While cooking pasta, purée the flesh of the squash with ½ cup of heavy cream. Then
add to the pasta.
5. Add spices & taste for salt levels. When pasta is cooked, add the cheese a handful at a time and stir to incorporate before each addition.
6. Remove the rosemary sprig before serving, taste again, and adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Serve and enjoy!