FHV Fool-Proof Hollandaise
April 3, 2020
Microwave recipe for Hollandaise sauce. So easy you'll be having eggs benedict every Sunday!
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 tbsps Fresh Lemon Juice (to taste)
- 1 Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
- Put butter in a safe 4-cup measure. Microwave 20 sec. on high, until butter is soft but not melted. (This may take up to 60 seconds if the butter is cold from the fridge.).
- In a small bowl, mix yolks and lemon juice.
- Add mixture to softened butter. Let set for 1 minute.
- Microwave on high, stopping to whisk every 15 sec.
- The mixture WILL be lumpy for the first two whippings. Sauce is done when smooth and thick. Do not over work.