Farmhouse Skillet Gravy
April 21, 2020
- 4 tbsps Butter
- 4 tbsps Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 cup Cooked Sausage (to preference)
- Over medium-low heat, melt butter in a pan or well seasoned cast iron skillet .
- Sprinkle in flour and whisk to incorporate and make a roux.
- Allow the roux to simmer, roux should be slightly golden and smell slightly toasty. Be careful not to burn.
- Slowly start incorporating milk while whisking. The roux should instantly thicken then milk into the gravy, add little bits at a time to save cook time. Add up to 3 cups of milk depending on how many mouths you have to feed.
- Season gravy with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Stir in cooked sausage reduce heat to your lowest setting while you set food out on the table. Serve and Enjoy!
Serve with biscuits for a traditional Texas breakfast, or omit the sausage and serve with a Chicken Fried Steak or Venison.